Benefits of ALA Silicon Valley Chapter Membership:
- no additional chapter dues (thanks to our generous Business Partners
- monthly educational seminars
- networking opportunities
- member-only discussion group
- LinkedIn group for members and business partners
- chapter website
- annual legal management event
- community activities
- member & vendor directory
- Annual Employment Law Update
- Cost Reduction Strategies for the Modern Firm
- Law Firm Records Retention Done Right
- Public Speaking Tips
- Social Media and Law Firms
- How a Bank Underwrites a Law Firm's Credit Request
- Top Trends in Technology
- Elimination of Bias
Membership in the parent Association is required for membership in the Silicon Valley Chapter of the Association of Legal Administrators.
ALA membership information may be found at alanet.org/membership. Be sure to indicate that you would like to join the Silicon Valley Chapter. Once you have submitted your application, ALA headquarters will notify the Silicon Valley Chapter of your request to join the chapter.
Members of the Silicon Valley Chapter of Legal Administrators must continue to meet the requirements as set forth in the Bylaws of the Association of Legal Administrators, and must agree to abide by the ALA Code of Professional Ethics.
- At the Association level, members receive several excellent, professional publications and resource materials at no charge or reduced rates. Member discounts are available for ALA's annual and regional educational conferences. More information about the ALA and the conferences can be found on the website at www.alanet.org. The web site also features such areas as online discussion groups where members post questions and receive feedback from other members all over the world, an online research library to assist with your questions or concerns on a particular topic, a career services area, and much more.
- ALA members, their employers and their families also have the opportunity to enjoy savings on services from nationally known companies through the Legal Marketplace.
The Association of Legal Administrators is open to any legal administrator who exercises full-time management responsibilities or performs essentially all of the management or administrative duties for an organization without a full-time administrator. There may be more than one member from the same organization, such as managers for human resources, MIS, finance or facilities. Our members work in private law firms, corporate legal departments, governmental legal agencies, court systems and charitable legal organizations.
Membership in the ALA or ALA Silicon Valley Chapter is not open to vendors/business partners or consultants. Please see the Partnership page for sponsorship opportunities with the Silicon Valley Chapter.
For questions about ALA membership, or to change your contact information, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org